Air Polishing is a dental hygienist treatment that has been developed to help keep your teeth clean and white. It’s one of the new teeth whitening services our Ottershaw Dental Centre is offering to customers who want a brighter smile.
What is air polishing?
The air polishing technique is simple and painless. It uses air and water pressure to deliver a controlled stream of sodium bicarbonate or glycine powders through a special nozzle. Although it’s a very simple technique it’s also very effective. The combination of the pressurised jet of air, water and powder works to remove stains, plaque, as well as anything else that may have become trapped between teeth, such as pieces of food.
How effective is it?
Air polishing is a very effective and efficient way of removing all the things from the surface of your teeth that shouldn’t be there. In fact, the air polishing technique is so effective that it can remove some of the worst stains from teeth, such as those caused by tea, coffee and red wine. It’s also very effective on stains caused by tobacco, as well as those that some mouthwashes can leave behind.
Why choose air polishing?
There are lots of reasons why air polishing is becoming a popular choice. The cost of air polishing teeth is much lower than many whitening treatments, for example, and the process is very gentle – ideal for those who may be suffering with sensitive teeth. It’s a much more effective way to get your teeth really clean than a traditional polish and will leave you with an evenly smooth surface across your teeth.
What are the benefits of air polishing?
There are many benefits to air polishing, including:
• Most experts agree that stain removing using air polishing leaves tooth enamel in tact – unlike some other techniques
• It is gentle enough to be used on dental implants
• The air polishing technique doesn’t generate any heat on your teeth
• There is no direct contact with teeth during air polishing and no pressure is applied to teeth
• The treatment is suitable for anyone aged 16+
• Air polishing teeth is cost effective – just an extra £20 as an add on to normal scale and polish, or £30 for a 20 minute session as a standalone treatment
Find out more about air polishing
If you’ve been looking for a really effective method of stain removal for your teeth then air polishing could be a great option. The treatment is offered by our hygienist – to find out more about air polishing teeth cost and availability, get in touch.