You may be used to routine dental check ups but some accidents and incidents might trigger the need for something more urgent. So, how do you know when you need fast treatment and how should you go about contacting an emergency dentist in Bristol?
How do you know if you need emergency dental treatment?
Although no situation is set in stone there are a number of occasions when it is often worth seeking the support of an emergency dentist, including:
- You have suffered a mouth injury, for example cracked teeth or a broken tooth
- You have experienced tooth loss as a result of an accident
- You’re in a lot of pain and it can’t be managed with painkillers
- You’re experiencing a combination of high fever and dental pain
- You’re experiencing pain and swelling after having dental treatment
If you’re experiencing these symptoms in Bristol, London or Chertsey, click the button below to get in touch with the team at Smile Pad.
What to do if you need emergency dental treatment
If you know that you need to see a dentist then it’s a good idea to schedule an appointment as soon as you can. Many dentists keep emergency slots open to deal with urgent patients. Even if it’s outside of normal dentist hours you’ll likely still be able to get information about what to do next by calling your dentist. Depending on the reason for emergency dental treatment you may also want to consider some of the following steps:
- If your tooth has been knocked out then try to avoid handling it while you get to an emergency dentist. Ideally, slot the tooth back into the socket and bite down on a tea bag to keep it in place (don’t swallow the tooth).
- If your tooth won’t stay in your mouth then clean it by rinsing in water and then submerging it in milk or saliva until you get to the dentist.
- If your gum is bleeding then try using a cold, wet compress to help sooth the inflammation and stop the bleeding.
Smile Pad emergency dental treatment
- Contact your nearest Smile Pad clinic as soon as you can to request an appointment.
- If you contact us for an emergency dentist appointment then we will do our best to accommodate you with the next available appointment in our calendar.
- Many of our clinics offer both NHS and private appointments – for example our Clare Street practice offers emergency dental treatment in Bristol with private appointments from £49. You can register online before your appointment and payment for a private appointment is taken in advance of the treatment.
If you need an emergency dentist in bristol, click the button below to get more details for our Clare Street dental practice.