Invisalign is something of a revolution in the orthodontics world. Clear, tailor-made and proven to get results, these easy to use and removable braces have changed the experience for anyone who is looking to correct their smile. If you’re considering Invisalign as your treatment of choice then these are some key facts you need to know:
- Invisalign are virtually invisible. No one will know you’re wearing them except you, and you can remove them at any time.
- The aligners are exchanged regularly. Usually, you will be given new aligners each week and these will gradually move your teeth into the right position.
- Invisalign can be planned for your specific dental needs. The length of time the treatment takes to complete will depend on the oral needs that you have. The plan your dentist will map out for you will control the amount of movement each aligner delivers – as well as the timing of that movement.
- The ideal solution for gaps or wonky teeth. Working with a treatment plan created by your dentist, Invisalign aligners can be used to correct the position of teeth and to close any awkward gaps.
- It doesn’t hurt. Invisalign aligners are constructed from multilayer SmartTrack® material that works to gently move teeth and correct positioning.
- Invisalign is backed up by science. In fact, it is clinically proven to get great results when it comes to correcting all kinds of dental problems.
- Whatever the dental issue you have, Invisalign can help correct the problem and soothe any discomfort or problems you might be experiencing. This includes:
- An underbite – having this can be painful and obstruct normal mouth function.
- An open bite – without correction, this can make it difficult to speak and chew and can lead to more serious conditions.
- A cross bite – uncorrected cross bites can result in a lot of wear and tear to the teeth and jaw, as well as bone loss.
- Gaps between teeth – if gaps between teeth aren’t closed then they can lead to gum problems and a heightened risk of periodontal disease.
- Virtually everyone is suitable for Invisalign treatment. There are very few pre-existing dental conditions that exclude you from being eligible for Invisalign.
If you want to find out whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign aligners then speak to your dentist today.