The technology behind teeth straightening has come a long way in recent years. Inman Aligners are a perfect example of the way that comfort and speed are now much more prominent factors in treatment to create the perfect smile. Inman Aligners are a dental innovation that has changed the options for anyone looking for a simple way to achieve straighter teeth.
What is an Inman Aligner?
It is a revolutionary approach that uses a single, removable appliance. The aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that support two aligner bows, which gently guide teeth into the desired position. Inman Aligners are custom made using impressions of your teeth and created for the specific tooth alignment in your own mouth. They are a highly effective way of correcting issues, such as orthodontic relapse and crossbites, teeth crowding and teeth protrusion or rotation.
How does an Inman Aligner work?
The two aligner bows apply a gentle and opposing pressure to teeth that will gradually straighten and correct over a relatively short period of time. In fact, an Inman Aligner is one of the fastest ways to correct dental issues and can achieve results in anywhere from six to 18 weeks. This is because the innovative bows work over a much wider range of movement than other, more traditional straightening options. The Inman Aligner is specifically designed for upper and lower front teeth.
What’s the process involved?
Once impressions have been taken of your teeth, your custom Inman Aligner is then created. After a fitting session to check the aligner is the correct design, it can then be taken home and is worn between 16 and 20 hours every day. Your dentist will check the progress of your Inman Aligner every two or three weeks, to ensure that it is working to straighten teeth and to see whether any adjustments need to be made.
What are the benefits of an Inman Aligner?
- It’s a fast process – you could see results in as little as six weeks
- The aligner is removable
- The Inman Aligner can be a standalone treatment or combined with others, such as whitening or bonding
- Using an Inman Aligner to straighten teeth not only improves aesthetics but can also have a positive impact on tooth health
- Only one appliance is needed and the aligner can be retained to prevent relapse
- Inman Aligners can help prevent expensive dental work in the future because they are less likely to wear unevenly and expose dentine which can cause wearing and staining of the teeth